In theory, developing and applying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) brings an organization closer to achieving its goals and helps it execute key strategies. When it comes down to actual execution, choosing the right indicators to achieve target objectives is a challenge.
It is important for leaders to understand that the most effective KPIs will be unique and specific to the demands of each organization and its affiliated industry.
Many companies seem to fall into the trap of letting “best practices” factor highly into their selection of KPIs and in turn obstruct their own process of accurately determining what would elevate the overall performance of their teams across different departments.
That was the case with Raya Holding who reached out to our RHO team citing challenges in performance assessment across the company’s various departments as well as the business units of different lines of production.
After delving deep into Raya’s inner workings and holding initial diagnostic meetings to identify the key processes and drivers of their business, we were able to identify core challenges and pitfalls holding them back from achieving their desired level of progress.
- One of their preliminary challenges was their need to ensure the consistency of their performance assessment techniques, across the company’s departments and business lines.
We identified the need for Raya to augment their performance monitoring and measurement system to employ accuracy in measuring existing KPI’s.
- The second challenge was to ensure that those same KPIs were in line with Raya’s organizational strategy.
- The third challenge was employing measures to ensure the objectivity and uniformity of designated KPIs,
when measuring the performance of Raya employees across the company, which should increase clarity among employees when it comes to identifying avenues of self improvement and accordingly boost motivation levels.
Our team proceeded with training the heads of HR across Raya’s departments and production lines. A total of fifteen HR seniors attended the KPI program.
After concluding the course, attendees hailed the methodology presented in the training program, describing it as very structured, simple to apply and with a seamless methodology (including comprehensive execution toolkits) that targeted the vast array of internal projects Raya planned to pursue.
Raya Holding’s Managerial team.
This impactful feedback of the KPI training program swiftly reverberated across Raya.
- The HR managers who had attended the program raised the flag across the organization, asking that all Raya managers across departments attend the training.
- Our team scheduled back-to-back courses that lasted up to three months to include more than 100 employees from different managerial levels (upper, middle and lower management).
- The resulting positive feedback, once again prompted the company’s CEOs to approach RHO to schedule another round of training tailored to their needs.